Title: Huntington’s Disease Public Awareness Day
Venue: Congress of the European Academy of Neurology, Copenhagen
Date: Saturday, May 28TH
A Huntingtons Disease Public Awareness Day took place in Copenhagen on Saturday, May 28TH.
The event was organised by the European Huntington Association together with EFNA, to coincide with the annual congress of the European Academy of Neurology.
The event was attended by those living with Huntington’s disease, their families and friends, carers and health professionals.
World-Leading Huntington Disease Specialist, Prof. Bernhard Landwehrmeyer was the keynote speaker on the day.
Presentations focused on:
- Current, best-practice approaches to treatment and management
- Latest research and studies in the field – hope for the future
- Patient and Carer personal stories
- National service and support structures
- Coping tips and strategies for Carers
- Mindfulness and Relaxation
Communications Coordinator for EFNA, Elizabeth Cunningham, also presented the Together Under the Umbrella campaign which aims to raise awareness of brain disorders by asking members of the public to share images of themselves or friends #UnderTheUmbrella on social media. You can find out more and take part here.